Oils & Blends: Cypress, Frankincense, Helichrysum, Immortelle, Lavender, Lemongrass
Essential oils based products: GX Assist, PB Assist, Zendocrine
Also consider: Rosemary, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang
A common suggestion for a number of eye problems is to use the healing and regenerating properties of oils like Helichrysum and Frankincense and the blend Immortelle (Frankincense, Helichrysum, Lavender, Myrrh, Rose, Sandalwood).
Application suggestions are:
- One or two drops on the end of the finger and dab around the eye socket (not in the eye) 2 – 3 times a day.
- Using the Immortelle roller bottle (or make a roller bottle with a selected oil/blend, (Dr. Hill recommended Frankincense, Cypress, Lavender before Immortelle was available) and apply the oils around the eye socket 2 – 3 times a day.
- Additionally (or in lieu of, if someone is highly sensitive to having oils applied around the eyes) rub the oils or blend on the reflexology point for eyes (at the base of and between the 1st and 2nd toes) 2 – 3 times a day.
Some eye problems, such as uveitis (iritis) and general inflammation may stem from a systemic infection and the following are suggested:
- Use the Immortelle or equal parts Frankincense, Cypress, and Lavender (in a roller bottle if available) and apply around the eye socket as above but increase the frequency to 3 – 4 time daily and continue for a few days after the infection appears to have cleared.
- Use a detoxifying cleanse such as the Zendocrine or GX Assist.