Oils & Blends: Balance, Citrus Bliss, Frankincense, InTune, Serenity, Vetiver and Peaceful Child Blend (Vetiver, Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Frankincense, Clary Sage, Marjoram with FCO)
Also consider: Helichrysum, Lemon, Myrrh
For waking hours to calm and improve concentration use Balance, Serenity or Citrus Bliss with Frankincense or Vetiver. Application can be done in a number of ways:
- Topically on the feet and back of neck morning, mid day and late afternoon.
- Carry an inhaler, direct inhalation, terracotta pendant for children.
- Diffuse if surrounding environment allows.
InTune is a blend in a roller bottle for helping maintain focus than can be carried and used anytime.
For more relaxed sleep. Frankincense, Lavender and Serenity have been helpful to many. Apply topically to feet, topically under the nose, a few drops on the pillow case or diffuser on the night stand all help.
A homemade blend known as Peaceful Child (or available directly from the individual, Deborah Gardner, who first suggested it) is mentioned with great success in the Experiences and Testimonials tab. Application as suggested above.
Here are some other helpful hints folks have mentioned:
- Some have found that some children with neurological problems may be particularly sensitive to smell and may resist the use of oils. Applying to the feet, even after they are asleep, can circumvent this problem.
- Experimenting with various oils with similar characteristics can lead to the best alternatives. Some find it beneficial to rotate oils on a weekly or monthly timeframe to get maximum benefits.
- Some highly recommend 2 drops of Frankincense under the tongue once a day.